Vodafone Hutchison Australia is the third major telco in Australia, behind Telstra and Optus. The company has a global presence beyond Australia, and offers a wide range of telecommunications services.
Vodafone Australia’s customer base recently hit 6 million, after the company spent roughly $1.3 billion on the renovation of its network and technology. Right now, they offer a wide range of phone plans for mobile devices, iPads and tablets, and dedicated plans for NBN (National Broadband Network) and the Internet. Despite being the third largest telco in Australia, Vodafone is the top mobile provider in Sydney.
Mobile provider market shares in Australian capital cities
In previous years, Vodafone was tagged with a flood of customer complaints in Australia. This bad press has followed the telco since 2010, but in reality, they have spent a significant amount of resources revamping their network.
Now, customer complaints for the network dropped significantly, while others like Optus have seen an increase in customer complaints.
The telco has also revamped its phone plan offers with some great deals. Here’s a quick look at their current prepaid plan offers:
- $30 combo plus starter kit: Unlimited standard national calls and text with 25 GB mobile data (automatic recharge). The plan is valid for 28 days.
- $40 combo plus starter kit: Unlimited standard national calls and text and 40 GB data with automatic recharge. The plan also offers standard international minutes.
- $50 combo plus starter kit: Unlimited standard national calls and text and 55 GB mobile data with the automatic recharge option. The plan also includes standard international minutes.
Vodafone also offers mobile broadband prepaid plans, prepaid long expiry plans, as well as prepaid roaming add-ons.
Vodafone data plans include plans with modems, SIM Only plans, and prepaid data plans also. The prepaid data plans are:
- $30 SIM Starter Pack: 10 GB for 30 days
- $50 SIM Starter Pack: 35 GB for 30 days
- $40 SIM Starter Pack: 35 GB for 30 days
Vodafone offers 12-month as well as month-to-month SIM Only data plans to its customers.
- $15 per month: 5 GB data
- $30 per month: 25 GB data
- $45 per month: 60 GB data
With Vodafone, you can get a new mobile phone plan without a lock-in contract and unlimited data:
- $45 Red Plus: 30 GB month-to-month, unlimited standard national calls, standard text messages in Australia and to overseas, 1000 standard international minutes
- $55 Red Plus: 80 GB month-to-month, unlimited standard national calls, standard text messages in Australia and to overseas, 2000 standard international minutes
- $65 Red Plus: 120 GB month-to-month, unlimited standard national calls, standard text messages in Australia and to overseas, standard international minutes
How is Vodafone fairing commercially?
Vodafone Australia is in the midst of a deal with TPG – one of Australia’s largest broadband and mobile phone providers. In May 2019, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) blocked the merger between both parties. However, the authority later released a statement to apologise. The commission stated that they had conducted a thorough investigation and found that the issue arose because of a software issue.
Though Vodafone faced price crashes following the ACCC’s announcement in May, now both TPG and Vodafone are prepared to merge. As part of the deal, each of Vodafone Group and Hutchison Telecommunications (Australia) Ltd., will own a 25.05% economic interest while TPG will own the remaining share of 49.9%. Known as TPG Telecom Ltd., the entity will have an enterprise value of nearly AUD$15 billion. This is the combination of revenues worth AUD$6 billion.
How to purchase Vodafone plans
As mentioned, Vodafone offers many options when it comes to phone plans and data plans. You can compare their plans here, before choosing the suitable one for you.
In addition to the phone plans listed here, the telco releases and updates its plans from time to time. Vodafone also avails great offers and deals on its plan that you can check on its official website.