Is there anything unique about Kogan Mobile plans?
For a long time, Kogan offered the only multi-month prepaid agreements that we knew of.
With Kogan Mobile, you’ll purchase a prepaid plan for month-to-month or 365 days plans. Your plan will renew each year. One of the best benefits of prepaid plans is the predictability of cost; there are never nasty surprises lurking in the next bill. And, you get a discount on the usual monthly fee by paying upfront.
Are Kogan’s current plan range prepaid or postpaid?
They’re all prepaid.
Can I keep my phone number if I want to move to Kogan?
Yes you can! This is a frequently asked question that we have answered here if you’d like to know how it works.
Which phone network do Kogan use?
Kogan Mobile uses the Vodafone network.
Kogan also sell phones. Should I buy a phone from them too?
Kogan has an enormous range of phones, wearables and devices from leading brands and a good reputation as a phone reseller.
It’s often true that buying the phone outright and adding a SIM works out cheaper long-term than if you’d bought it under contract. 70% of people buy their phone this way, and it’s one of the driving factors behind Kogan’s growth in Australia.
You can use our free download to calculate the cost difference between a contract with your phone company or buying the phone yourself.
Do Kogan offer the best value?
Kogan Mobile’s long-expiry plans can offer bigger discounts than month-to-month plans, but you might find them lacking in fancy extras. It does have some unique perks such as earning Qantas Points.
- Innovative month-to-month and 365-days prepaid plans
- 4G and 5G data speeds on the Vodafone network
- Some of the best data pricing of any operator
- Unlimited calls, texts and MMS in Australia
- Use your plan instantly with an eSIM
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points for every $2 spent
- Not many extra features
- 5G is currently only available on Large plans
Kogan Mobile’s 365 days plan gives you the best of both worlds: prepaid control without the need to recharge every 30 days. Here is a snapshot of Kogan Mobile and what it offers in its plans and customer care.
- Kogan is a huge Australian electronics retailer who sells phone plans.
- The company resells the Vodafone 3G, 4G + 5G network.
- Its range of long-expiry prepaid plans are excellent value.
- Some of Kogan Mobile’s plans offer month-to-month inclusions.
- Plans are simple to use: pay once and use it for 365 days, then recharge when the year is up.
- Light on features, but includes unlimited national calls and texts, instant eSim set-up, and WiFi calling.
Kogan Mobile SIM Only Long Expiry Plans
Kogan’s founder Ruslan Kogan has a reputation for being eccentric, but there’s no denying his business ventures have brought significant innovation and competition to the Aussie market. The Kogan website is one of Australia’s most visited sites and has managed to break into the electronics space that was dominated by stalwarts like Harvey Norman and JB HiFi.
Kogan Mobile is an extension of the successful Kogan brand. Its launch into the mobile phone market in 2012 created healthy competition and added some innovative plans with new features to the mix.
We think Kogan Mobile offers no-nonsense prepaid phone plans with no hidden extras using the Vodafone 3G, 4G and 5G network.
- Vodafone’s 4G network has been independently verified as matching Telstra’s for availability and speed. It’s one of Australia’s top providers and is known for having more competitively-priced plans than Telstra and Optus.
Interestingly, Kogan Mobile outsources its customer care to Vodafone. This is a step away from ‘normal’ since most MVNOs (smaller phone companies that resell other networks) usually like to have their own customer support system. It’s not necessarily a bad thing though, since Vodafone is a huge company with good customer support in place.
SUMMING UP KOGAN MOBILE’S PLANS
One thing that Kogan Mobile does well is giving you more than you pay for. The plans are very reasonably priced and include most features you’d want for day-to-day life, with the option to add extras like data roaming and international calls.
365-day prepaid plans are easy to use and offer bigger discounts than month-to-month options. You can set up auto-recharge and never worry about suddenly being disconnected from the world. And, you can choose the data amount that suits you and easily switch it when it comes time to recharge if you find you need more or less.
Compare all of our prepaid plans
If you need another network, you might like to check our Best Prepaid Plans Page and compare all the plans ( including every one mentioned on this page. ) A list of best value plans using the Telstra, Optus and Vodafone networks.COMPARE THE BEST PREPAID PLANS
This Month’s Hot Offers